- Graphic Designer
- United Kingdom
A love of all things design and to seek harmony between work and life.
As an experienced, multidisciplinary graphic designer with proven ability and over ten years of experience in the design and e-commerce industry, I can produce focused and detail-oriented print and digital work to strict deadlines. I can take on and develop an idea/concept and produce striking visual executions for clients. With my ability to think creatively outside the box and come up with exceptional design solutions I would be a great asset to any team - I love to work collaboratively, learning from others, or pushing myself in new and exciting ways by working individually.
I have a comprehensive knowledge of Adobe suite, QuarkXPress, Magento and specialise in corporate identity and branding, digital and print design as well as photography and post-processing imagery. Online merchandising and site search optimisation, in the past through SLI Systems® and ATTRAQT™, then through an integrated Magento visual merchandiser plug-in, was an integral part of past roles; to enhance customer browsing satisfaction and product visibility – helping drive sales and increase revenue/profit.
My role as a designer has allowed me to comprehensively develop my skills in a range of areas; web support and development, catalogue and corporate brochure design, leaflet and magazine advert design, email campaign design and distribution, marketing, excellent B2B/B2C management skills and a great eye for detail. Exceptional knowledge in managing mail order catalogue projects; from the initial concept stage to layout and design, photography and image post-processing, print production and mail sorting. Working to strict brand guidelines, producing high-quality print-ready artwork. Managing a team of graphic designers, ensuring workflow is distributed evenly amongst team members and that all collateral produced is signed off and of a high standard.
I strive for the highest level of quality in my work and clients, new and existing, will be impressed with my exceptional attention to detail, versatility, work ethic and friendly demeanour.
Graphic Designer at PlayFusion Ltd
01.2019 – 09.2019 Cambridgeshire, GB
• Responsible for the daily production of visual assets (print and digital) promoting the physical and mobile Lightseekers and Warhammer: Age of Sigma video games • Worked closely with the Senior Character Artists to repurpose and expand character art for print and digital assets using Adobe Suite • Developed a number of graphic design projects that saw increased user engagement and game exposure • Worked collaboratively with the rest of the graphics department on multiple projects at any given time to ensure all print and digital deadlines were met, and all work was of an exceptional standard • Proof-checked all my work to ensure there were no grammatical or design errors before submitting to Games Workshop for approval • Designed the UX and visual identity for the Beauty Labs and Disruptional websites, helping PlayFusion expand into the technology and beauty industries.
Senior Graphic Designer at Brora
09.2015 – 12.2018 Stevenage
Responsible for the daily design in a popular luxury cashmere retail fashion brand • Led a team of three designers to develop graphics collateral for the company website, catalogues and retail ventures, holding weekly meetings to ensure projects were on track • Responsible for the printing budget and over three years managed to reduce the print expenditure by 15% • Ensured all print work came in under budget and all artwork supplied was correct and on-time • Managed printer relationships and work-flows, liaising with them on initial job specifications and quotes • Coordinated the art direction, design and delivery for the 25-year anniversary catalogue, marketing material, retail visuals, email campaigns, website and social media content • Working with the Creative Director I spearheaded the visual re-branding of Brora creating a luxury, high-end feel across all print and digital formats – one that reflected the ethos of the brand.
Lead Graphic Designer / Product Merchandiser at SwimShop
10.2013 – 08.2015 Luton, United Kingdom
• Responsibilities included the ability to take on and lead a project from start to finish • coordinated the art direction, design, printing and delivery of a variety of print collateral • all digital artwork production • concept and design weekly email campaigns, that regularly see a 50% increase in online traffic and an average return of £10,000 • produced high-quality website and affiliate banners for PPC campaigns that saw an average of 9,803 clicks, 388 sales and £13,572 revenue a week • merchandised the online store through the Magento visual merchandiser • managed landing pages to ensure the company maximised the effectiveness of its best selling, highest margin products • coordinated the design and execution of all promotional campaigns • set up all new products and managed the entire back catalogue • art direction for external photo shoots • photographed merchandise and post-processed all imagery.
Middleweight Graphic Designer / Assistant E-commerce Manager at SwimShop
03.2011 – 10.2013 Luton, United Kingdom
• Responsible for the art direction for all print and digital collateral • Photographed all merchandise, (processing the imagery and saving for print and digital use) and improved the look of the overall photography that had a positive effect on sales – up 5% after everything was live compared to the old style • Planned, designed and executed emails in conjunction with social media campaigns to promote new products and special offers, which regularly saw revenue increase 10-15% during the offer campaigns • Managed the online catalogue, through SLI Systems® and ATTRAQT™, to promote ‘new in’ and ‘best selling’ products to increase sales and profit (site conversion went up 8% after SLI was implemented and I had worked on organising product visibility and pushing higher-margin products to the top of each landing page) • Designed landing pages and banners to compliment email campaigns and promotions • Ensured all artwork adhered to brand guidelines and was consistent in look and feel.
Graphic Designer at SwimShop
12.2008 – 03.2011 Luton, United Kingdom
• Worked directly with the head of design I was heavily involved with coordinating the planning, photography, design, printing and delivery for quarterly mail order catalogue projects, two yearly twenty-four-page sale leaflets and the World of Service™ trade brochure • Designed and oversaw the printing for roller banners used to promote the SwimShop® brand at swimming galas, triathlon and open water swimming events throughout the UK • Produced digital artwork for the SwimShop® website, used to help promote and complement the catalogue distribution • Ensured the brand identity was consistent across all media • Worked closely with the marketing team to successfully produce visual solutions for all print and digital projects • Ensured all print-based artwork conformed to the correct industry standards • Helped process all images from photoshoots to ensure the SwimShop® imagery had a consistent look across the board.
Junior Graphic Designer at World of Service International LTD
10.2007 – 12.2008 Luton, United Kingdom
• Reporting to the head of design my role involved assisting the quarterly photoshoots; art direction and layout • Post-processed imagery for print (300dpi) and digital (72dpi) use • Assisted in the planning and design for all mail-order catalogues • Designed all packaging for branded products • Designed digital homepage and banner creatives for the website • Prepared industry-standard print-ready artwork • Helped oversee and sign off the press-pass for all printed collateral.
BA (Hons) Game Art Design at De Montfort University
09.2003 – 06.2006 Leicester, United Kingdom
As one of the top creative universities in the UK, De Montfort University (DMU) dramatically developed my visual and creative skill sets in Multi-Media Design, Photography, Illustration and Design.
Grade achieved – 2.1.
School of Arts Foundation at Loughborough University
09.2002 – 05.2003 Loughborough, United Kingdom
Loughborough’s Art and Design Foundation is a fast-paced, fun and creative course that encouraged me to develop my artistic ability through theoretical and practical learning in 3D Design, Fine Art, Graphic Communication, Illustration, Photography and Textiles.
Grade achieved – Merit.
Recommendation, Catherine Moss - Mobile App Marketing at Fiksu
"Glyn can only be classified as most loyal, honest and hard working. A happy-go-lucky person, he adds positivity to any work environment…"
Speedo Racer X Email Campaign Design, Stephanie Turton - Speedo UK Digital & Social Media Executive
"… it’s really nice and by far one of the best executions we’ve seen so thank you, really great work"
Recommendation, Gavin Puddick - Owner at Pzazz Photography
"His standard of work is simply excellent. Highly creative, highly technical, along with his outstanding attention to detail…"